tree luee dee's Note:
Hi All....sorry it took so long to make my first post. I have lupus, which comes and goes. On my good days, I will be here as often as possible. Anyway, this is a recipe from my mother-in-law, an amazing cook. She is now disabled, so I like keep alive her great love of cooking by passing along her recipes. This is her exact recipe, but you can easily adjust it to fit what you have in your pantry. And although her recipe calls for bananas, I don't always use them as they tend to brown quickly. Also, this is the recipe that my friend brought to a large party. There was a caterer there and she now uses this recipe for her parties. Pretty cool, huh? Well...here goes...my first post...be kind....lol...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, with juice,thawed
- 1 (29 ounce) can fruit cocktail-juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle maraschino cherries, without juice
- 1 (11 -22 ounce) can mandarin oranges, without juice
- 2 -4 bananas, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1Mix all the fruit, fruit juices and celery in large bowl.
- 2Sprinkle the box of dry pudding mix over everything.
- 3Stir together.
- 4Refrigerate about an hour before serving.
- 5The pudding will thicken with the fruit juices-- and the celery adds a little crunch!
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Helen's Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.7
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 251.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 43.8 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: