Recipe by Mean Mary
A light, tasty cabbage salad that, unlike many others, has no ramen noodles in it. Cooking time is chilling time. You can easily eat on this salad for a week, and have done this many times in the past. This recipe was given to me by Helen Marcum.
- 1 medium head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 head napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely sliced sweet onions, like Walla Walla or 1 1⁄2 cups vidalia onions
- 2 -3 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 -4 cups shredded chicken meat, from breasts and thighs
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar (or sugar substitute of your choice)
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the shredded cabbages and onions in a LARGE BOWL. (I use a Tupperware Fix-n-Mix) Add the bean sprouts, shredded chicken meat and almonds. Toss until well mixed.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a Quick-Shake or similar container until well blended. Pour dressing over the cabbage mixture, This could take two bowls, because of the amount of ingredients. Do not be concerned once the cabbages come in contact with the dressing, it will be able to store in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate over night or 6 hours minimum.