Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A favorite of recipe of Helen Bobe and one requested by her grand children.
Make and share this Helen's Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
- 1⁄2 loaf Velveeta cheese (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a sauce pan melt butter, stir in flour, mustard and salt. Slowly add milk and stir and slowly add cheese until all ingredients are blended together and cheese is melted.
- I use a large Pyrex glass measuring bowl or cup and do this in a microwave oven until all ingredients are melted and blended!
- Add macaroni and place ingredients in a buttered 8x9 Pyrex dish and bake 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees. Helen Bobe baked until the top was lightly browned!