1/1 Photo of Helene's Seductive Prime Rib
Chef TraceyMae's Note:
If you want to fix this, but it's too much for your family, please call me. Jack and I will rush right over with our Merlot.
My Private Note
- 1Remove the rost from the refrigerator 2-4 hours before cooking. This should be at room temperature.
- 2Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 3Put roast in shallow roasting pan, fat side up.
- 4Sprinkle with flour and rub flour into the fat.
- 5Season with salt and lots of fresh ground pepper.
- 6Put roast in hot oven and bake according to weight, about 5 minutes per pound. For a 4-1/2 - 5 pound roast 25-30 minutes; for an 8-9 pound roast 40-45 minutes; for an 11-12 pound roast 55-60 minutes.
- 7When cooking time is finished, turn off the oven.
- 8DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR AT ANY TIME.
- 9Allow roast to remain in oven until oven is lukewarm, about 2 hours.
- 10This method of cooking the prime rib will ensure a crunchy brown outside, and the internal heat will be suitable for serving (yum!) medium rare beef for as long as 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Helene's Seductive Prime Rib
Serving Size: 1 (3 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prime rib roast