From my Mom's friend Helene who is an excellent cook. I had this as a child at Helene's house and I loved it. My Mom never made it since she didn't cook leg of lamb. I had this once, about 30 years ago and haven't forgotten about it! This produces a tasty brown sauce. I can't wait to make it! Thanks for the recipe Helene!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, mix the brown sugar, cornstarch, basil and stir in the liquids.
- 2Cook until it thickens and boil for one minute.
- 3Baste meat with this during the last hour of cooking.
- 4Slice meat and serve with the glaze spooned on the meat.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Helene's Leg of Lamb Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1012.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g