Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From my Mom's friend Helene who is an excellent cook. I had this as a child at Helene's house and I loved it. My Mom never made it since she didn't cook leg of lamb. I had this once, about 30 years ago and haven't forgotten about it! This produces a tasty brown sauce. I can't wait to make it! Thanks for the recipe Helene!
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- In a saucepan, mix the brown sugar, cornstarch, basil and stir in the liquids.
- Cook until it thickens and boil for one minute.
- Baste meat with this during the last hour of cooking.
- Slice meat and serve with the glaze spooned on the meat.