Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are always a hit! You won't believe it's got dates in it, tastes more like chocolate!
Make and share this Helene's Date Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 250 g mashed dates
- 180 g margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 package petit beurre biscuits, crushed super fine
- 1 egg
- 100 g coconut, flaked
- Boil the dates, margarine and sugar together.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the egg and mix it in very quickly before the heat of the mixture cooks it.
- Add the cookie crumbs.
- With wet hands form the mixture into balls.
- Roll in coconut and chill in refrigerator.
I LIKE, I LIKE! These are so easy to make, & great tasting, especially for those of us who enjoy coconut! I'd originally intended making these just for myself, but instead they were put out as sweek finger-food for a small group I host each month! These were gone in no time! Many thanks for posting this recipe!