Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
actually, when i first tried cooking Carbonara about 5 years ago, i didn't really research for its recipe. i was in supermarket and facing the chiller with all kinds of cheese and creams. wondering to cook a different pasta aside from tomato base. i just imagined putting together Philadelphia Cream and Heavy Whipping Cream together to make white sauce. it tasted awesome! i improved it by finding the best Whipping Cream brand. trial here and there. and maintained the Philadelphia Cream Cheese as it gives the sauce a different kick compared to the ones i ate in restaurants. voila! time to post it.
- cook pasta al dente.
- put a pan without oil in medium heat. once the pan is hot, put all the chopped streaky bacon. stirring often until bacon brings out its own oil and bacon bits are crispy. remove from its oil and set aside.
- add olive oil onto the bacon oil.
- brown garlic. caramelize the onion.
- add in the fresh mushrooms. cook for 2 minutes.
- put in the whole Philadelphia Cream Cheese and melt it under low heat.
- once the Cream Cheese is melted, add the Emborg UHT Whipping Cream.
- season with salt and pepper.
- mix in half of the crispy bacon bits.
- if you prefer the carbonara mixture not too creamy or too thick, just add fresh milk at the last stage of cooking and simmer only for 1 minute.
- toss the al dente pasta onto the cream mixture and top with remaining crispy bacon bits and lots of parmesan cheese. drizzle with a dash of paprika powder.
- optional. serve with champagne grapes.