Recipe by Chef TraceyMae
This is a recipe given to me by my mom, Helene d'Esterhazy. She included it in a Cookbook she created for me.
Top Review by Paris D
Maybe ours weren't done well enough - people below are referring to the onions as 'caramelized' and ours weren't even close to being caramelized. The balsamic vinegar just rolled off of them and cooked onto the pan. We found them to be bland, as a result.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice off the bottom and top of the onion, but do not peel.
- Place in an oiled baking pan and brush them with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the paper and sprinkle each onion with balsamic vinegar.
- Return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the outer peel of the onion and serve hot.