Prep 48 hrs
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb sirloin tip steak, cut in cubes
- 1 tablespoon seasoned meat tenderizer
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- oil (for deep frying)
- Cut each cube of meat into 3 or 4 slices.
- Cut each slice into 3 to 4 strips.
- This should provide 60 to 72 finger steaks (12 to 13 pieces per serving).
- Spread the finger steaks onto wax paper.
- Sprinkle generously with tenderizer, garlic salt, salt pepper and paprika.
- Pound seasonings into finger steaks completely.
- Place finger steaks in a bowl, stir in catsup.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days.
- When ready, mix batter ingredients.
- Pour all the meat and juice into the batter mixture.
- Stir until finger steaks completely covered.
- Fry in HOT deep fryer until brown.
Very good finger steaks. I wasn't patient enough to refridgerate for 2 days so I used lawry's season all instead of meat tenderizer then cooked them right away.