Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
If you're nuts for nuts then get a taste of this. All the way from Canada, an old-fashioned recipe from my personal friend Helen!! They served this very dip on their 50th anniversary with 100 of our friends and family.
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 14 1⁄2 ounces red salmon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄3 cup of chopped nuts (reserve it)
- (Make sure the cheese is at room temp.) Drain the salmon, then remove the skin and bones.
- Flake and mash the salmon and combine all the ingredients well (except the chopped nuts).
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Roll the mixture into the shape of a ball, then roll into the nuts of your choice.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with frudites and different special crackers, wines or juice.