Recipe by COOKGIRl
From our latest issue of Sunset Magazine, June 2011. Fresh, quality ingredients are of utmost importance. Don't like oregano? Substitute another fresh herb: cilantro, marjoram, French tarragon, etc. Perfect for summer potlucks, a casual meal, brunch... The recipe introduction in the magazine mentions "The salad is good with grilled halloumi cheese tucked between the tomato slices." Yes, sounds good to me!
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
I loved this simple tomato dress-up! I used fresh basil from my garden in place of the oregano but followed the recipe as written other than switching herbs. I used Recipe #86849 for the pomegranate molasses. Made for July NA/ME Tag.
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml pomegranate molasses (*NOT* grenadine)
- 907.18 g mixed heirloom tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick (if possible, try to use different colors for a dramatic presentation)
- sea salt (original recipes suggests Maldon sea salt but I used French grey sea salt)
- 2.46 ml fresh cracked black pepper
- 29.58 ml fresh greek oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the dressing.
- Arrange the heirloom tomatoes on a serving platter.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with the olive oil-pomegranate molasses dressing.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Garnish the tomatoes slices with the fresh Greek oregano leaves.