1 hr 30 mins
I saw this being made and it looks delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make pastry and chill for about 30 minutes.
- 2Prepare caramelized onions by slicing thin and frying in 2 - 3 T olive oil on medium to medium low until almost black. Should not be too oily.
- 3While onions are cooking, bring out pastry and cut into six inch circles.
- 4To assemble the tarts spread the center of the pastry circles to taste with mustard, top with a couple tablespoons of grated cheese, then top that with onions to taste and the add the tomato wedges, about 4 wedges per tart.
- 5Pull pastry edges over tomatoes and pinch to form rustic tart.
- 6Top each tart with a bit of the basil and fresh ground pepper and kosher salt.
- 7Brush pastry with egg wash and bake 375 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes. Cool.
- 8Can be served Room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heirloom Tomato Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.3
- Calories from Fat 631
- Total Fat 70.1 g
- Saturated Fat 43.8 g
- Cholesterol 221.0 mg
- Sodium 591.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stone ground dijon mustard