Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my favorite sandwiches when I want to keep it clean and simple.
- 1 heirloom tomato
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of good mayonnaise
- 1 key lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1 dash gray salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 pieces of dill rye bread
- slice heirloom tomato.
- mix mayo, chopped basil,salt, pepper,key lime juice, and chopped garlic.
- place basil mayo in refrigerator for 20 mins and chill.
- spread mayo on both sides of bread
- crumble goat cheese on bread.
- add slices of heirloom tomato.
- slice in half and enjoy!
This was fabulous! I used whole grain bread (what I had) and regular lime juice (maybe 1/8 tsp? I didn't measure.) I used a coarse pink himalayan salt since I didn't have grey salt. I will definitely be making this again and again! Thanks for the recipe!
Congrats! Your recipe is featured on our homepage today as the "Recipe of the Day!" (08/09/2011)