Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and delicious, this recipe hails from the renowned Maisonette restaurant in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes (different colors of heirloom tomatoes preferred)
- 141.74 g soft fresh goat cheese or 141.74 g chevre cheese or 141.74 g soft cream cheese, cut into 4 wheels
- 118.29 ml shelled roasted pistachios, chopped
- 946.36 ml arugula or 946.36 ml Baby Spinach
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 14.79-59.16 ml aged balsamic vinegar, to taste
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cherry tomatoes or 2 grape tomatoes (optional)
- Thinly slice tomatoes and arrange on salad plates in an overlapping fashion forming a ring, alternating colors as you go.
- Season tomatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with some of the olive oil and balsamic (reserve some for the arugula).
- Press wheels of goat cheese into the chopped pistachios, covering both sides.
- Place arugula into a small bowl and toss gently with olive oil, juice of the lemon, balsamic, salt, and pepper.
- Place approximately one cup of the arugula salad into the center of the tomatoes.
- Top arugula with pistachio goat cheese.
- Garnish with one half cherry tomato, if desired.
wonderful salad, i used heirloom tomatoes and homegrown. i used goat cheese and garnished the salad with extra pistachio nuts and fresh basil and parsley. this is a great end of summer dish, thanks sue.