1/2 Photos of Heirloom Tomato Salad
Multi-variety heirloom tomato salad with fresh thyme, goat cheese, and stone ground mustard vinaigrette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs heirloom tomatoes, of various colors and sizes
- 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup sherry wine vinegar (you can also use red wine vinegar as a substitute for sherry vinegar)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Start with the vinaigrette to give the flavors time to blend. In a small bowl, whisk together the shallots, garlic, both mustards, honey, and vinegar.
- 2Once the ingredients are fully combined, slowly pour in the olive oil while continuously mixing the vinaigrette to emulsify.
- 3Set aside the vinaigrette. Tip: You can store the vinaigrette in the refrigerator for up to 1 week; you won’t need to use all of it for the recipe.
- 4Slice the larger heirloom tomatoes and quarter or chop the remaining tomatoes to create various sizes and textures on the plate. Arrange the tomatoes on a platter. Tip: Never keep tomatoes in the refrigerator. Doing so will take away flavor and aroma from the tomato, and leave you with an inferior product. Instead, store tomatoes at room temperature.
- 5Hand crumble the goat cheese and dot the tomatoes.
- 6Strip the thyme leaves from the stems and sprinkle liberally over the platter.
- 7Spoon a small amount of the vinaigrette over the platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heirloom Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.5
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 237.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh goat cheese
sherry wine vinegar