Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Top Chef Season 3, takes a lot of time, but is well worth it!
Make and share this Heirloom Tomato Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 236.59 ml arborio rice
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 1892.72 ml chicken stock
- 118.29 ml heavy whipping cream
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 354.88 ml diced heirloom tomatoes (peeled)
- 177.44 ml chopped asparagus
- 59.14 ml diced leek
- 14.79 ml chopped basil
- 14.79 ml chopped tarragon
- 4.92 ml cracked black pepper
- Heat shallow saucepot over medium heat.
- Melt 2 Tb of butter in pot.
- Toast Arborio rice for two to three minutes.
- Re-glaze with white wine.
- Reduce wine until it's completely gone/.
- Add chicken stock, two cups at a time, waiting until stock is totally absorbed before adding the next two cups.
- After last two cups of stock are addeds, add cream and cheese and continue to cook until mixture begins to thicken.
- Be sure you are stitting often with spatula to avoid sticking.
- When mixture is thick, add tomatoes, asparagus, leeks, basil, tarragon, and pepper.
- If risotto seems to thickened, thin out with a little more stock.
- Cook for one to two more minutes, making sure not to break up the tomatoes.
- Finish with last tablespoon of butter.