1/1 Photo of Heirloom Tomato Gratin
1 hr 7 mins
I was looking at a friends copy of a Womens Day magazine and decided to post some recipes that sounded good here, so i don't lose them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425F, you'll need a shallow 2 quart baking or gratin dish.
- 2Vigorously rub the side of the baking dish w/ garlic, discard. brush dish with 1 Tbsp oil to coat.
- 3Heat1 1/2 Tbsp oil in large skillet over medium, heat. Add onion and cook 15 minutes, stirring often, just until translucent and tender, but not browned. Remove from heat, stir in orange juice, honey and 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme.
- 4Scatter half over the bottom of the gratin dish, top with half the tomatoes and season with half of the salt and pepper. Top with remaining onion mixture salt & pepper and tomatoes.
- 5Mix bread crumbs. cheese. and remaining oil and thyme until crumbs are evenly moistened, sprinkle over tomatoes.
- 6Bake 20-24 minutes until crumbs are golden and juices bubble. Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heirloom Tomato Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 167.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese