Recipe by gregory schulte
Posted form the Rocky Mountain News Wednesday Spotlight Section, Table Talk Recipe Column. Time does not include overnight marinade.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped until stiff
- 2 1⁄2 lbs green zebra tomatoes (a specialty variety)
- 1 large seedless European cucumber, seeded
- 1⁄2 lb yellow pepper, seeded and stemmed
- 1⁄4 lb celery rib
- 1 cup Italian parsley
- 2 poblano peppers, stemmed and seeded
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups water
- 1 yellow red and green heirloom tomato (recommended pneapple for the yellow and brandywine for the red)
Directions See How It's Made
- make the mousse:
- in the food processor add the avocado and blend with the lemon juice and salt to taste.
- fold the pureed avocado into the whipped cream.
- for the gazpacho:
- take the first 6 ingredients and rough chop them all together.
- place them in a plastic container with the olive oil, sherry vinegar, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- marinate overnight.
- the next day process the gazpacho in a food processor, it should be smooth enough so it is a soup like consistancy but still with a chunky texture.
- After the soup is blended stir in vegetable stock and season again with salt and pepper.
- to garnish:
- cut heirloom tomatoes into wedges and place them in a spiral in the center of the bowl to serve.
- place a dollop of avocado mousse in the center.