gina Qzina's Note:
Garden Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes: after researching a few tomato basil recipes I concluded non fit to the what I had, so I created my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a Large pot of water add Cut Heirloom tomatoes in large wedges.
- 2thin sliced garlic cloves, large sweet onion, add dried Basil, 1 fresh basil leaf thin chopped (2 other for puree), salt, pepper, and butter. let simmer on low/medium heat for 20 minutes.
- 3As soon as the tomatoes begin to soften (skin of tomatoes will start to separate) Add Parmesan cheese and mix.
- 4Adjust heat to Medium heat for 10 minutes and a slight bubble will form around the edges.
- 5In a blender add all ingredients from the pot and begin to puree, add to separate bowl and continue until all tomatoes are blended. Take 2 cups of soup Puree and add half and half and remaining fresh Basil.
- 6Return to Pot and serve.
- 7Add fresh made bread crumbs if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heirloom Tomato Basil Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.4 mg
- Sodium 1001.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g