Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Garden Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes: after researching a few tomato basil recipes I concluded non fit to the what I had, so I created my own.
- In a Large pot of water add Cut Heirloom tomatoes in large wedges.
- thin sliced garlic cloves, large sweet onion, add dried Basil, 1 fresh basil leaf thin chopped (2 other for puree), salt, pepper, and butter. let simmer on low/medium heat for 20 minutes.
- As soon as the tomatoes begin to soften (skin of tomatoes will start to separate) Add Parmesan cheese and mix.
- Adjust heat to Medium heat for 10 minutes and a slight bubble will form around the edges.
- In a blender add all ingredients from the pot and begin to puree, add to separate bowl and continue until all tomatoes are blended. Take 2 cups of soup Puree and add half and half and remaining fresh Basil.
- Return to Pot and serve.
- Add fresh made bread crumbs if desired.