Recipe by Heirloom
As my name depicts, I'm a huge proponent of heirloom variety fruits and vegetables. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy these lovely, unique fruits. As soon as they come back into season I'll post a photo of this beautiful salad.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
AWESOME! I was able to find cherry size herilooms in all different colors at Trader Joes. So fresh and so delicious. Used my thicky, sweet aged balsamic vinegar. I added 2 green onions which was a great addition. Such a treat. Made for June Photo Challenge.
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, wedged (I like mixing green, deep purple, yellow and orange)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, either in bite size balls (Bocconcini)
- 4 ounces kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 12 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- cracked pepper