1/2 Photos of Heirloom Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
As my name depicts, I'm a huge proponent of heirloom variety fruits and vegetables. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy these lovely, unique fruits. As soon as they come back into season I'll post a photo of this beautiful salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, wedged (I like mixing green, deep purple, yellow and orange)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, either in bite size balls (Bocconcini)
- 4 ounces kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 12 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 1In a wooden salad bowl toss all ingredients together.
- 2Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- 3Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heirloom Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.6
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 522.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 10.7 g