As my name depicts, I'm a huge proponent of heirloom variety fruits and vegetables. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy these lovely, unique fruits. As soon as they come back into season I'll post a photo of this beautiful salad.
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, wedged (I like mixing green, deep purple, yellow and orange)
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, either in bite size balls (Bocconcini)
- 4 ounces kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 12 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- In a wooden salad bowl toss all ingredients together.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- Serve immediately.
AWESOME! I was able to find cherry size herilooms in all different colors at Trader Joes. So fresh and so delicious. Used my thicky, sweet aged balsamic vinegar. I added 2 green onions which was a great addition. Such a treat. Made for June Photo Challenge.
This tastes very good and looks nice. I am sure that it would be super with heirloom tomatoes. I did add 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Thanks for sharing, Heirloom. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.