Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A holiday fruitcake made with butter, honey, eggs, and cream. This cake is not as sweet as many traditional varieties yet is loaded with fruits and nuts. I found this recipe in Taste Of Home magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1⁄3 cup real butter (no substitutes)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 6 ounces dried apricots, finely chopped
- 3 cups pecan halves
- In mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, eggs and honey. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream. Beat in raisins, dates, apricots and pecans. Pack into two greased and floured 7-3/4"x 3-5/8" x 2- 1/4"-inch loaf pans. Place pans on middle rack of oven; place a shallow pan of hot water on lowest rack.
- Bake at 300 for 60-65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan. Loosen edges with a knife and remove from pan. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.