Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
The only chocolate cake that my husband will eat. I came across it on the internet some years ago and it has become a staple in my house. It pairs well with any frosting that you choose.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons cocoa
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups sour milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together the butter, and sugars until creamy.
- Sift together salt, baking soda, cocoa, and flour. In a seperate container mix together the buttermilk and the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk mixture.
- Bake in 3 (9 inch round or square) pans for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When cool, stack the cakes and frost with the icing of your choice.