Recipe by Crystal B.
Slow Cooker Carrot Spoon Cake from Sandra Lee
Top Review by Glori-B
According to the family, this should get 10 stars!! Loads of compliments on the excellent flavor and texture. And I was delighted with the ease of preparation. I made it exactly as written (cut down the oil a wee bit was the only change). Couldn't be any easier! It's a favorite for sure! A million thanks Chef 151744 for an excellent Carrot Cake!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 5-quart slow cooker with butter flavored cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Place a paper towl over top of slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 1/2 to 6 hours.
- The paper towl absorbs the moisture and does not allow the water to drop onto the cake.