Prep 3 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Slow Cooker Carrot Spoon Cake from Sandra Lee
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sour cream
- Spray a 5-quart slow cooker with butter flavored cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Place a paper towl over top of slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 1/2 to 6 hours.
- The paper towl absorbs the moisture and does not allow the water to drop onto the cake.
According to the family, this should get 10 stars!! Loads of compliments on the excellent flavor and texture. And I was delighted with the ease of preparation. I made it exactly as written (cut down the oil a wee bit was the only change). Couldn't be any easier! It's a favorite for sure! A million thanks Chef 151744 for an excellent Carrot Cake!
DH & I love this. Super! I will be using this recipe when I entertain. We will be having house guests two different times this month and this is on the menu! I did use nonfat yogurt for the sour cream and applesauce for part of the oil and tasted great:) Thank you for sharing Chef #151744, I did do the paper toweling thing and will do again. I also used a slow cooker liner and am storing the leftovers in that so the clean up is nil.