Recipe by Olha
These easy, crisp cookies are a family favorite. The recipe was originally called “fork cookies.”
Top Review by Suzanne P.
I haven't tried the recipe yet. But I have noticed there is no Vanilla in the recipe. with that amount of flour I would think the Vanilla would be one of the ingredients. Also the butter seems a little light. Slightly less flour?
- 4 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup regular margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; set aside.
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into creamed mixture, blending well. Shape mixture into 1 ¼ inch balls. Place balls, about 3 inches apart, on greased baking sheets. Flatten with floured fork in one direction.
- Bake in 375°F oven 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets; cool on racks. Makes 6 dozen.
- Farm Journal.