Recipe by Megohm
So I've decided to give it up. I'm sharing the recipe. For years I've been fiercely protecting the recipe with my life, only to learn that other members of my family have already shared it with non-family members... It's been in my family for several generations, with everyone adding their own little touches, making it what it is now. I have a hard time trying to eat any other apple pie. It's so simple and so good.
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- cream, for top
- white sugar, for top
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix apples, white and brown sugar, flour and cinnamon all together in a large bowl and pour into pie crust in pan.
- Dot with butter and cover with top crust, sealing and fluting edges.
- Slit a few holes in top crust.
- Brush cream lightly on top crust, all over, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake another 50-55 minutes, until bubbly and apples are soft.
- Savor every bite.