Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from the Heinz website. Being a Heinz addict, I am always looking for new ways to use ketchup. It sounds gross, but is really good! And it turns out so pretty. :-)
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups sliced tart baking apples (about 2 lbs.)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Heinz ketchup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Blend ketchup and lemon juice; combine with apples.
- (Note: if apples are very tart, add 1 to 2 T sugar to ketchup mixture.) For topping, combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon; cut in butter until thoroughly mixed.
- Fill pie shell with apples.
- Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until apples are cooked.