Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in a magazine several years ago. It is still my favorite meatloaf recipe. Can't argue with the word "classic."
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. combine ingredients thoroughly; form into loaf.
- 3. bake in 8x4 pan for 45 minutes.
- 4. spread ketchup on top of loaf and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- 5. serve with additional ketchup.
My husband made this. He followed the recipe as written and we all enjoyed this. It tasted good heated up too.