1/1 Photo of Heinz Chili Sauce (Copycat)
The Spice Guru's Note:
My reverse-engineered recipe for Heinz Chili Sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) can quality tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup (Karo)
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar (Heinz)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon unseasoned sweet chili powder
- 1 teaspoon plain salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1WHISK all ingredients well in a medium bowl: 1 (6 ounce) can quality tomato paste, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup light corn syrup (Karo), 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar (Heinz), 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes, 1 teaspoon unseasoned sweet chili powder, 1 teaspoon plain salt, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice, 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes, 1/8 teaspoon white pepper.
- 2SIMMER sauce in a small saucepan over low heat until proper/desired consistency is reached (sauce should be as thick as possible, while retaining viscosity); TASTE sauce; SEASON to taste with a pinch of salt salt or more if necessary (flavor should be a balance between savory, salty, sweet and sour).
- 3REMOVE from heat and allow to cool completely.
- 4POUR sauce into a squeeze bottle and serve.
- 5ENJOY it while it lasts! Refrigerate unused portion in sealed squeeze bottle.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heinz Chili Sauce (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 241.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g