Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not your average meatloaf! The Heinz 57 sauce just gives this great flavor, not too strong, just like a hidden ingredient! I always serve with Catalina dressing to dip it in...AWESOME! The leftovers make great meatloaf sandwiches I butter two slices of bread, put on med. heat frying pan, top one slice with cheese, top cheese with fresh sliced mushrooms then add warmed meatloaf on top, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown. On the other toasted slice spread mayo. Top meatloaf with a good amount of Heinz 57 and place the two pieces together. Y-U-M.
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 354.88 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs, fresh not hard
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 78.07 ml onions, diced or 78.07 ml minced onion
- 59.14 ml Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 59.14 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Mix all ingredients together well and place into a loaf pan.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Drain grease.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving!
I loved your meat loaf rollin in the dough. I only made one exception to the recipe and eliminated the salt; trying to reduce sodium when I can. For all of you thinking about making this recipe; it's really yummy!!
This is a wonderful meatloaf. The heinz sauce just makes it. Will make this again I'm sure. Thanks for posting this recipe.