Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This "casserole" is cooked on the stove in 30 minutes. It is really tasty and utilizes ingredients most people already have in the pantry!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 lb) can chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni
- green pepper, chopped if desired
- Brown beef and onion, drain off fat.
- Stir in water and all other ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally until macaroni is tender.
This has been a family favorite for many years. It is quick to make after a busy day.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used only half of the salt mentioned and used Splenda instead of sugar as that is all I buy. This was easy to make on a weeknight and everyone enjoyed it.
This is an easy to prepare, hardy casserole. We very much enjoyed this with corn on the cob. Thank-you.