Recipe by Chris from Kansas
If you like the flavor of Heinz 57 steak sauce, you will like this tasty stew.
Top Review by Tony P.
Like most recipes you read online...I added. Used half a bottle of H57 and threw in a touch of vino. And peppers...because. Also some corn starch at the end to give it some thickness. Nice taste, the family enjoyed it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 (12 ounce) jarsheinz au jus gravy
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 2 cups halved fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat on all sides in hot oil.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in gravy, tomatoes, 57 sauce, garlic, bay leaves, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer for 1 hour.
- Add carrots and onions; simmer 20 minutes more.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Simmer 15 minutes more or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf; discard.
- Season to taste.
- Sprinkle with parsley.