Recipe by hopperofweeds
This is a beer can chicken recipe I just threw together with a few things in the pantry.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 -2 jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (24 ounce) Heineken lager beer
- 1⁄4 cup spicy bbq sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients blend thoroughly, set aside.
- Clean chicken, discard neck and giblets and dry.
- Coat chicken with olive oil.
- Rub dry ingredients on the inside and outside of chicken.
- Using indirect heat preheat grill ( only light one side of burners).
- Remove entire top of beer can with a can opener discard or drink approximately half the beer, and add garlic cloves and Jalapenos.
- Place can inside the chicken so it will stand up alone, place on unlit side of grill and cook for 1-1/2 to 2 hours at 300 degrees then brush on BBQ sauce in the last half hour.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove can and enjoy!