Recipe by alligirl
Before you drink up all of that cold Heineken beer in the refrigerator, set a little aside for one awesome Heineken beer steak marinade recipe. Taken from steakmarinade.org and posted for ZWT.
Top Review by Niteflyer
Made this marinade for our steaks this past week-end and it was very good! Used it on KC Strips and whole family agreed that this was a keeper. Made as directed and marinated the steaks overnite. Thanks for the recipe!!
- 2 cups heineken beer
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour into mixing bowl: Heineken beer, soy sauce, minced green onions, vegetable oil, dried thyme, Tabasco pepper sauce, and fresh lemon juice. Next stir up the marinade really well, then toss on a lid and let the mixture chill for about an hour, as this will get all those flavors blended together. Once chilled, stir it up a little bit more, and it is ready for your steaks.
- (I like to baste my steaks while they sizzle on the barbecue, so I always set aside a little marinade that hasn't touched raw meat.).