Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Before you drink up all of that cold Heineken beer in the refrigerator, set a little aside for one awesome Heineken beer steak marinade recipe. Taken from steakmarinade.org and posted for ZWT.
- 2 cups heineken beer
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pour into mixing bowl: Heineken beer, soy sauce, minced green onions, vegetable oil, dried thyme, Tabasco pepper sauce, and fresh lemon juice. Next stir up the marinade really well, then toss on a lid and let the mixture chill for about an hour, as this will get all those flavors blended together. Once chilled, stir it up a little bit more, and it is ready for your steaks.
- (I like to baste my steaks while they sizzle on the barbecue, so I always set aside a little marinade that hasn't touched raw meat.).
Made this marinade for our steaks this past week-end and it was very good! Used it on KC Strips and whole family agreed that this was a keeper. Made as directed and marinated the steaks overnite. Thanks for the recipe!!
This was very nice, I used my DH's home made beer other than that made as directed. I bundled some thyme and oregano to make a brush to baste my steak and burgers very very nice. This is the first time our BQ has been used in ages but I will be making this again it was so good. Thank you for posting. Made for the diabetic forum July 2011.
Yum.... I usually don't like to do much marinade to expensive steaks, but I went out on a limb here... Delish! DH, DS and I loved this marinade, thanks for turning us on to "beer marinade". DH didn't want to share his beer, but after dinner was glad he did. Thanks for a real keeper.