1/7 Photos of Heidesand (My Famous Sugar Cookies)
These cookies never last out the day at work, church get-togethers or wherever I take them. I got this recipe back in high school in my German class and have been making them ever since. Yummy! They've become my annual blue ribbon winner at the local county fair.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter or margarine and the sugars in a large bowl til fluffy.
- 2Add egg and vanilla to butter/sugar mixture and blend well.
- 3In another bowl combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- 4Stir flour mixture into butter/sugar mixture til all is incorporated.
- 5Form dough into 1-inch balls (refrigerate for a few hours first if too soft to handle).
- 6Roll balls of dough in sugar (either regular granulated sugar or colored sugar as you prefer), place on an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until very lightly brown.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heidesand (My Famous Sugar Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (814 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1220.4
- Calories from Fat 575
- Total Fat 63.9 g
- Saturated Fat 39.5 g
- Cholesterol 224.6 mg
- Sodium 1384.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 149.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 69.4 g
- Protein 13.5 g