Recipe by Julesong
Very good !
Top Review by ElaineAnn
Made this with sourdough rye bread from the bakery, very heavy. It made a substantial meatloaf that didn't fall apart on me. No caraway seeds but I always have celery seed, and used beef broth instead of beer. Very unique flavor and leftovers will be great in sandwiches. Thanks for sharing Julesong. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 slices rye bread, Torn Up
- 1 cup beer or 1 cup bouillon cube, Any Brand
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped, 1 Sm
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Spread the mixture into an ungreased loaf pan, 9 X 5 X 3-inches.
- Bake uncovered for 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Drain off the excess fat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve on a heated platter.