Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy comfort food which can be prepared in under an hour. My family enjoy having this dish on rainy days with plenty of mashed potatoes.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs beef mince (ground beef)
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice (140g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 26 fluid ounces water
- 2 -3 sage leaves
- In a large bowl combine the beef, onion, rice, thyme, sage, rosemary, salt, pepper and beaten egg.
- Mix well with hands, making mixture into medium sized, meatballs, (about the size of a large walnut).
- Set aside.
- Pour soup into a large saucepan, and dilute with 1 can of water.
- Heat to simmering over medium heat.
- Add the sage leaves.
- Lower heat to low, drop meatballs into soup and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the tomato soup has thickened.
- Remove the sage leaves.
- Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and green beans.
Wow! This was fantastic! I reduced the meal for the two of us and used 1/3 cup rice. I also used only egg white and dehydrated onion rather than fresh. I substituted the fresh herbs for dry Italian herb blend. To reduce the sauce for us I used the whole can of soup and 1/2 can of water, which was perfect. I served this with mashed potato and steamed broccoli. A perfect meal, thanks Chrissy!