Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
This a a great recipe for kids who are learning to cook. When the meat loaves cook, the rice pokes out like hedgehog spikes.
Top Review by ChipotleChick
These were yummy, and so cute! The kids really enjoyed them. I have a similar recipe called porcupine meatballs. The taste of the tomato soup, worcestershire, and rice is a very good combination! Would make these again!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water (approximately, I use 1/2 of empty can to measure)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the ground beef or turkey, rice and onion together-- salt and pepper as you wish.
- Form into 8 "hedgehog" shapes, and line the hedgehogs up in a casserole dish.
- Mix the soup, water and Worcestershire sauce together and pour it over the hedgehogs.
- Cover the casserole dish with foil.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, occasionally spooning sauce over the hedgehogs.