Recipe by eBeth
This is from the back of a sugar bag. I make these at Christmas for a quick, easy, and colorful addition to holiday packages. And I should mention that they are tasty too!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
These cookies would certainly be a nice addition to a winter holiday cookie tray, & the coconut jacks them up to a level above being just another sugar cookie! Very nice tasting, according to my sweet tooth & that of the neighbors!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon green sugar
- 1 tablespoon red sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together 1 cup sugar, shortening, egg and almond extract.
- Add flour and salt and mix well.
- Fold in coconut.
- Drop by teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly with fork.
- Sprinkle with red or green sugar.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes until slightly golden around edges.