Recipe by l0ve2c00k
My grandpa, who was the owner of a small market in town, came up with this recipe several years ago. People still come up to me and tell me how much they miss GPa's empanadas.
- 1 lb cubed steak
- 1⁄2 lb soda cracker (crushed)
- 5 eggs (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons adobo seasoning (more or less depending on taste)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In mortar, crush garlic cloves. Add adobo.
- In large bowl, beat eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix oil and vinegar. Add garlic adobo paste.
- Cover meat with oil, vinegar and paste mix.
- Cover mat with eggs.
- Bread with crushed crackers.
- Fry in medium heat for about 15 minutes. Fry in high heat until golden.