Peanut butter and chocolate lovers unite! This is a snappy dessert that hardly takes any time or effort. It was born one night when I was craving something delicious and melty, but being a poor college student I found myself with limited ingredients and equipment. I'm so glad that was the case, because this is now one of my favorite desserts! Heck yes! ;)
- Pop kettle corn in microwave until finished-- listen carefully to be sure it doesn't burn! Meanwhile, chop 4 of the miniature Dove chocolates, leaving the 5th one whole.Remove popcorn from microwave and set aside.
- Place peanut butter in microwave-safe mug and microwave until partially melted (about 15-20 seconds). Remove from microwave and put the unchopped chocolate in the peanut butter. Place peanut butter back in microwave for about another 15-20 seconds or until chocolate has melted.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 of the bag of popcorn in a microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle with 1/2 of the chopped chocolates, 1/2 of the teddy grahams (if desired) and a few mini marshmallows.Remove melted peanut butter from microwave and stir.
- Drizzle 1/2 of the mixture over the popcorn and chopped chocolate in the bowl. Repeat the layers of popcorn/chopped chocolate/teddy grahams/marshmallows/drizzled peanut butter. Place bowl in microwave and heat until chopped chocolate has softened up a bit (about 10-15 seconds). Remove, sit back, and enjoy.
- *Note: can make process even easier by substituting dark or semisweet chocolate chips in place of chopping the miniature Dove dark chocolates. Also, can add things like candy corn, colored M&M's, Reeses Pieces, etc to make recipe Holiday-friendly-- have fun with it!