1/1 Photo of Heavy on the Garlic Hummus
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
I was going through some old recipe files and came across this recipe from a local mediterranean restaurant no longer in business. I had never made it so I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 cup tahini paste
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- water, for thinning
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- additional oil, for drizzling
- 1Place all ingredients except oil and parsely in food processor.
- 2Blend until smooth.
- 3Slowly add 1/4 cup olive oil and continue processing until mixed well.
- 4If mixture is too stiff add water a little at a time until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency (you don't want it runny).
- 5Remove from processor and add parsley.
- 6Chill for at least four hours.
- 7Spread on plate in a thin layer.
- 8Drizzle additional oil on top.
- 9Sprinkle with paprika and served with pita bread.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavy on the Garlic Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.1
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 838.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 10.9 g