1/1 Photo of Heavy on the Garlic Baked Potato Fries
Adapted from Lottie + Doof and posted on purplefoodie. I have changed a few things to suit my taste. These are ridiculously good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 -6 tablespoons olive oil (or use grapeseed oil or soy oil, they have a higher smoke point)
- 3 potatoes, each cut into 12-16 wedges (about 8oz each-use any potato you want, russet, yukon or red are good)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch (also called corn flour, or use flour but cornstarch is better)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional-you might even want to try smoked paprika)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional-to taste, original recipe said 1/4 tsp)
- parsley, chopped to garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 440° F.(225°C).
- 2Combine the garlic and oil in a small pan, warming it on medium heat until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3Transfer 5 tablespoons of the garlic infused oil (leaving the garlic in the pan) to the baking sheet, coating it well.
- 4Cut the fries into wedges and drop them into simmering water(you can throw in a few garlic cloves to impart more flavor) for about 5 or 6 minutes. Lay on paper towel or napkin to dry.
- 5Add the potatoes to the pan with the garlic mixture, add onion powder if using, and toss to coat.
- 6Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the hot potatoes and toss well to coat.
- 7Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake, turning once, until deep golden brown and crisp, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- 9Serve with ketchup, mayo or sour cream. I like to mix a little ketchup and mayo together, sometimes adding a touch of bbq sauce. Yum.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Heavy on the Garlic Baked Potato Fries
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.5
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1768.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.8 g