Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Be warned! This is not for everyone. It's a heavy breakfast sidedish that will stick with you until lunch.
- 2 cups frozen hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup diced mushroom
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup grated cheese (I use fat free)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- fresh ground pepper
- Toss all ingredients except cheese into your favorite skillet and fry them until the potatoes are nearly done.
- Add the cheese and keep on the fire until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are done.
- Plate it up and serve it smothered in Tabasco and ketchup.
- It goes well with sausage, eggs, ham, or any other breakfast staple.
OMG! Delish! Every weekend I make my own hashbrown , different every time. When I saw this recipe, I HAD TO TRY IT! FANTASTIC!
Oh My,I am so far behind on my ratings I will never get caught up!!But This one is a surefire winner,My husband loved this dish,as did I,only I did not use the hot sauce.I settled for the catsup:) Don't like HOT stuff.It is a great dish any way you eat it though.Thanks so much,Darlene
Excellent! I added some cayenne pepper and cajun seasoning to the dish. My hubby likes things spicy. Fantastic dish! Thanks for posting!