Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
This recipe makes soft chewy chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth. They stay soft and chewy for a long time and they look picture perfect. Great for giving away or enjoy them all yourself!
- 1 cup plain Crisco shortening
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 2⁄3 cups softassilk cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheet lightly.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt; stir and set aside.
- Cream together sugars and shortening.
- Add eggs one at a time and add vanilla, mix well.
- Slowly add in flour mixture into blended shortening, 1/3 at a time; thoroughly blend each addition before adding more.
- Add cinnamon to the cookie dough for taste.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough into a ball, about ping-pong size; it's important to create a smooth ball as it will effect the look of the finished cookie.
- Place on cookie sheet two inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes or until it just begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for five minutes on the cookie sheet.
- Remove to cooling rack; don't stack warm cookies.
These cookies are very good! I have been looking for a chocolate chip recipe that wasn't so cakey. I will be making these again but will probably reduce the flour. Thank you for the recipe!