Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was sent in to our local KTCS TV station for one of their cookbooks called "Favorite Recipes". It was submitted by a viewer from Bellevue, Washington. She would order this from a restaurant called 13 Coins as a late night snack. You can also serve this as a side dish with any entree.
- Slice the zucchini into long wedges, roughly the size of 'steak fry' potatoes.
- Place in one layer in a rectangular oven baking dish.
- Pour container of unwhipped cream over.
- Cover with the grated fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes or so to get the top bubbly and golden brown.
I have been looking for new ways to eat zucchini. We loved this. I used one large zucchini, light cream and a cup of parm cheese. I also added 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. This was even good heated up the next day.
GREAT TASTING ZUCCHINI here, though I'll admit to adding a little bit of lemon pepper to it! Thanks for posting a really keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]
YUM!! this is delicious, I added some garlic powder and cayenne pepper to the whipped cream, then sprinkled sliced onion over when layering, we really enjoyed this, thanks for sharing Teresa!