Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve with fresh strawberries and iced tea. I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission.
- 29 ounces yams, drained cooked and cut into chunks (sweet potatoes) or 2 cups fresh sweet potatoes, cooked and cut into chunks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 7 tablespoons margarine
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 8 ounces fat-free whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar, pecans and margarine. Press into bottom of 13x9x2" baking pan. Bake 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar until creamy. Fold in 3/4 cup whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
- In mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, and cinnamon until smooth. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate.