Recipe by Bayhill
This bread makes wonderful sandwiches. It doesn't crumble when slicing, even when warm. Cooking times are approximate as times vary with different bread machines.
Top Review by JenniCat
The bread turned out wonderfully. I followed the recipe exactly. Like any bread, it was the most "heavenly" when it was still warm. My husband is so sold on this recipe, he's asked me to start making it all the time and to stop using store bought bread altogether!
- 264.98 ml warm water (90 degrees)
- 59.16 ml butter or 59.16 ml margarine, softened and cut into pieces
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml bread flour
- 7.39 ml salt
- 44.37 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml dry instant potato flakes
- 7.39 ml active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients into the bread machine in the order listed or as suggested by the manufacturer.
- Set the bread machine on the following settings: "basic" bread; "light" crust;
- "1-1/2 pound" loaf size.
- NOTE: This bread can be made with the "delay" timer setting.