Recipe by andypandy
This is our best whole wheat bread recipe. Give it a try as MarshaD did, and enjoy it with great results. This recipe really should be called Marsha's favourite bread as I would never had posted it if not for her great reviews and comments. So give my sisters bread recipe a try too.
Top Review by truebrit
I use my bread machine on a weekly basis, and I'm always on the lookout for a good recipe. This is one of the best wheat bread recipes I've tried in a while! Not only does it taste delicious, but it has a superb keeping quality. It's still nice and fresh days after baking! A keeper for sure. Thanks!
- 264.98 ml warm temperature water
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour or 236.59 ml bread flour
- 7.39 ml salt
- 59.16 ml margarine or 59.16 ml butter
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml gluten powder
- 59.14 ml instant potato flakes
- 9.85 ml active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all in your bread machine, in order to your machines instructions.
- Press start, for a basic light crusted bread.
- Watch as machine is kneading making any adjustments as needed.
- Flour is tempermental, so it could use a little more water, or a little more flour.
- Should be a ROUND soft sticky ball of dough.
- Remove after baked to cool.