Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is our best whole wheat bread recipe. Give it a try as MarshaD did, and enjoy it with great results. This recipe really should be called Marsha's favourite bread as I would never had posted it if not for her great reviews and comments. So give my sisters bread recipe a try too.
- 264.98 ml warm temperature water
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour or 236.59 ml bread flour
- 7.39 ml salt
- 59.16 ml margarine or 59.16 ml butter
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml gluten powder
- 59.14 ml instant potato flakes
- 9.85 ml active dry yeast
- Mix all in your bread machine, in order to your machines instructions.
- Press start, for a basic light crusted bread.
- Watch as machine is kneading making any adjustments as needed.
- Flour is tempermental, so it could use a little more water, or a little more flour.
- Should be a ROUND soft sticky ball of dough.
- Remove after baked to cool.
I use my bread machine on a weekly basis, and I'm always on the lookout for a good recipe. This is one of the best wheat bread recipes I've tried in a while! Not only does it taste delicious, but it has a superb keeping quality. It's still nice and fresh days after baking! A keeper for sure. Thanks!
This was the best wheat bread I have attempted yet. In fact, I think I will just stick with this one because it was wonderful! This recipe was easily adapted to my ktichenaid and oven, instead of my bread machine. Thank you!
This is very good bread. I cut down on the sugar and butter and added a little more whole wheat flour, but still came out great. This is my new basic recipe for whole wheat bread. I also prefer using my Oster mixer rather than a bread machine. I think the texture is better. Thanks for the great recipe.